Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Warning - Bitch post


Ahhhhh!!!

Something irked me yesterday and i almost forgot about wanting to post this! Was on the bus yesterday, yes, a super duper long trip home from Clarke Quay, and it ended up pretty packed. I thankfully found a seat, and settled in nicely, watching my fave L-Word on the tiny Ipod screen.

After about 20 mins, I had the sudden feeling that someone was watching me. Or rather, the screen I was looking. I snapped my head to the left and noticed that this lady next to me was watching the show intently.

So i clicked "Pause". And she too realized that she had been caught.

Gave V. a call and LOUDLY exclaimed, oh babe, you wouldn't believe it but the lady next to me is like watching the show too!

Honestly, doesn't mean that this is a public space and that you can watch over my shoulder. I mean, c'mon. Don't you have any decency? it's almost as bad as reading a stranger's text message! This made me think back to when I was younger and I hated people reading the newspapers or books that you're looking at while travelling on public transport.

Sigh.

We've got a nosy culture here in Singapore. -shrug- Some might argue that it's being inquisitive, and this would be seen as a good thing. I beg to defer. There's a time and place for poking your head into other people's lives, and you know what? If it's not meant for you, don't look. Kind of like Pandora's Box tale. But then, I doubt many people in Singapore would have heard of it.

Nosy Nation. Save us!

No comments: