Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2008

Pink, I love!

Had my theory class at Singapore's most disruptive location - Siglap Starbucks on Saturday. God. can't believe the amount of clangs and bangs the staff who worked there could razzle up. It was as if part of their coffee-barista role was to do a Stomp routine on everything - running water, coffee refill, milk frother. Everything was screaming, NOISY NOISY NOISY! Yowch. Headache, or what?

After sitting there straining to hear our poor instructor (who's a big dear!) go through a "lecture series" of the Padi Open Water Dive book for a good three hours, we headed off to Diveshop@SG, run by Gavin Ang. Located at ground level Golden Landmark, the dive shop was small but stocked with a good selection of wetsuits, regulators (Scuba Pro) and other diving paraphernalia. Nice friendly chap who fitted out my powder pink Pro Blue Snorkels with powered lens. He gave me a discount of $5, so altogether for a case, snorkel, masks and mask strap, it set me back $150. Not too bad, cos I figured had I picked the set up in Hawaii the exchange rate would've bust the budget!

Aren't they the sweetest pink? According to one of the sales guys, the powder pink was a colour designed for the Japanese market, except their version was pink and gray. Mine comes with the girliest white to contrast against the pink. I heart Barbie!

Can't wait to put it to the test on 1 Aug when we leave at the ungodly hour of 6.30am for Tioman. Woohoo! Let's get certified people!

Big smiles. Splashing in my head. I am so excited.

No comments: