Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

To Kyneton we go!

Off, off and AWAY!

I am so psyched about my upcoming weekend, which starts tonight really. Why do I love my weekends so much here in Melbourne? Because of the choices of things to do on the weekend.

This weekend, I'm off to Kyneton as I've been invited by my dear friend Amy to visit her extremely old home in the country. I'm bringing my little fluffball along, some bottles of wine, popcorn for DVDs, and a stomach of guts (a birdie told me Amy has a creepy porcelain headed Victorian era doll sitting by her bed with... get this, it's HEAD tilted on one side).

What is to be planned? Definitely a visit to Pizza Verde for some of my favourite simple fare, trips to the spa where the yummytummy flab comes into play, and of course, chill out sessions with my girl + pooch watching DVDs and running down a dirt lane in the forest mimicking a scene from True Blood.

On Sunday, we shall head to Daylesford for some fresh produce, antique shopping and basically breathing in fresh, unpolluted country air. The last time (and the first!) I was at Daylesford was in 2007 at the dawn of Winter, and I'm wondering if anything has changed since then. I'm hoping nothing has, and that it remains untouched and as idyllic as I remember.

Well, it's one more night to go before this roadie begins. Perhaps I should bring my laptop there so I can update some posts! Had a couple of cooking adventures in The Capri and just haven't gotten around to posting them up.

Until my next post! x

No comments: